Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What Makes The World Go 'Round?

Relationships make the world go 'round and that's what I write about. Whether it's boyfriend/girlfriend type relationships, parental, best friends, career or even the relationship we have with ourselves...it all works together.

My characters go through life's circumstances, searching, crying and pleading for answers. They fight, scream and sometimes give up. They marry, they give birth and live happily ever after. To break it down even further, they cheat, they lie, they steal; they get the degree, the promotion and even the house of their dreams. Or sometimes they don't.

It's fiction imitating life.

But even in fiction there is inspiration. Yes it's entertainment and can sometimes be just the getaway you need. My goal is to entertain, encourage and to inspire, even in fiction. If I can do that, then I've served my purpose.

...because someone helped me find me!

In my non-fiction writing, I've learned when a teacher teaches it doesn't mean they have all of the answers, it shows they know that the answer does exists. By me building relationships with my readers (you)  is based on my own triumphs through my own heartache and pain; showing that even when life challenges you, you can still be the victor!

My credentials? I am a woman. 

Thank you all for taking this continuous journey with me as I grow in my fiction writing and I spread my wings into my non-fiction calling!

It's an exciting, transparent journey in which I hope to help young women find their true selves!

Stay tuned!

While I'm yet working on book 2 in The Chase series, be on the lookout for the re-release of S.L.O.W. Down with volume 2 in the works!

Until then smooches,


~Keshia Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment